Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reflections from 1/26 class

Anytime race issues are brought to the forefront, there will always be a significant divide in opinion. I understand that there are issues that can be used to defend either side of the argument. With rulings of reverse discrimination it comes across to me that there are efforts to recognize and correct "loopholes." I believe that there were reasons that justified laws such as affirmative action, but I also believe that those laws should continuously be a work in progress. I don't think I am an active supporter of either side, but I try to measure my judgements with honesty and intent. The disservice occurs when people find ways to manipulate the system. I applaud those that benefit from the intended purposes of these laws, but I also cringe at the thought of those that benefit from its unintended purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment