Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My introduction

My name is Ron Albert. I moved to Utah from a small town in Louisiana in 1995. I grew up in Hawaii until I was eight years old prior to moving to Louisiana. My father is a physician and he did his internship and residency at Tulane University in New Orleans. After making the big adjustment between Hawaii and Louisiana, I figured the transition between Louisiana and Utah would be a piece of cake.

I lived in SLC for a couple years before moving to Provo in 1998 upon an invite from a cousin that was played football for Brigham Young University. I tested it out here, and the rest is history.

My first job in Provo was at Provo Canyon School, a residential treatment center, and I have been there ever since. I started as a counselor, and am now the program manager of the boy’s facility.

I met my wife here in Provo, and we have been married for 7 ½ years and have 3 daughters. Our daughters range in age from 6 to 1. They definitely keep us on our toes, and ensure that there is never a dull moment.

I love sports, especially LSU football. I try to go home to Louisiana once a year for a big game. I also love to fish. I will fish anywhere that I possibly can, but I love to go deep-sea fishing. I also love to hunt waterfowl in the winter. I’ve become more appreciative of the outdoors since I’ve moved to Utah.

I am currently a communications major with a public relations emphasis. I am currently in my last semester and look forward to graduation this spring. I have intentions of applying to an MPA program, and thought that maybe this class would be beneficial if that route came to fruition.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I look forward to seeing your discussion topic and reflection posts as well!

    ReplyDelete